You Can Make a Difference
Make a Monetary Donation
Your donation to our Capital Campaign will help enhance this exciting renovation and expansion of services for our families, neighbors, friends, and community. The goal of the 728 Project is to make a significant investment in the Quincy community for a new Sunset Senior Living facility to provide unmatched care options.
Moving towards our future
As we have grown to meet the needs of our community, improvements have mostly meant additions and expansions. The current facility has expanded over the years, but is no longer efficiently serving the needs of our residents and staff. The current layout of the building with resident areas of all different sizes, makes it difficult and inefficient to staff. In addition, the infrastructure and HVAC systems are obsolete and expensive to replace. It’s time for a replacement facility.
Our vision is to make a significant investment in Quincy for a facility providing unmatched care options, and a portion of this investment will need to come from our community. Sunset Home is asking you to join our team and support this exciting renovation and expansion of services for our families, neighbors, friends, and community.
Our new facility will provide a beautiful anchor for continued development of the Sunset campus, with breathtaking views of our riverfront and the beautiful Quincy Bayview Bridge, and expanded activities for residents. This project will add to the already planned Riverfront Development Project. The new Sunset Senior Living Community would include the following:
- New 106 bed skilled nursing facility
- Converted 18 bed assisted living
- New 24 bed assisted living
- 8 new independent living duplex/patio homes
- Existing 16 villa condominium units and Sunset Apartments at 8th and Broadway
A Capital Campaign of $5 Million will enable us to fulfill the highest priorities of the 728 Capital Campaign through your investment in environmentally friendly and efficient facilities:
- $1,000,000 enhanced rehabilitation services
- $1,000,000 for safe and secure meeting areas for family and friends
- An additional $2 million in needs have been identified to assist Sunset Home in providing all levels of care on one campus — independent living, assisted living, short term rehabilitation, skilled nursing and expanded activities for residents.
Many Ways to Give
Your tax deductible contributions help us maintain the endowment that ensures our ability to provide benevolent care for future generations.
Over half of our residents are unable to pay the full cost of their care. Your gift provides our seniors with a home that is safe and private, enjoyable social programs, food to nourish and sustain them, a place to worship, and assistance with their daily living needs with excellent care.
Please consider helping Sunset Home continue its legacy of providing a full continuum of enriched living, compassionate care and benevolence to a broad spectrum of individuals. Sunset Home is nonprofit 501(c)(3) and is proudly related to the United Methodist Church.
- Give a gift of cash
- Designate your gift in honor or memory of loved ones
- Designate your gift for a particular department or program
- Give a gift of matured stocks, bonds or mutual funds
- A bequest in your will
- A gift funded by the proceeds of your retirement plan or charitable IRA rollover
- A designation of Sunset Home as owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Life income gifts, such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder unitrust
Charitable donations help offset the difference between public aid reimbursement and the actual cost of care. Gifts may be designated for a specific purpose or unrestricted to respond to current and immediate needs. Charitable funding from private sources is crucial to help sustain our annual operating budget and ministry.